Star First Care
- Policy is available on Individual and Floater basis in Tier I and Tier II places.
- Cover for pre-hospitalization and post hospitalization.
- Hospital Cash benefit if treatment taken in Government hospital.
- Sum assured is payable in case of the death of the policyholder during the policy term.
- Room, Boarding, Nursing expenses at Rs.750/- per day (0.75% of the sum insured) - either private or shared accommodation.
- ICU charges up to Rs.2,000/- subject to maximum of Rs.10,000/- per hospitalization.
- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Diagnostics, Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen and Operation Theatre charges, Cost of Pacemaker, Cost of Medicine and drugs etc.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation up to a sum of Rs.500/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1000/- per policy period.
- Pre Hospitalisation expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post Hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days after discharge from the hospital. Medical expenses incurred up to 7% of hospitalization expenses subject to a maximum of Rs.3,000/-.
- Hospital Cash: Benefit will be paid at the rate of Rs.1000/- per day of hospitalization subject to a maximum of 14 days, where the treatment is taken in Government Hospital. This will be paid only for covered surgeries done as in-patient, whether any claim is made on indemnity basis or not. Payment of claim under hospital cash benefit will not reduce the Sum Insured. With this, the effective maximum claimable amount becomes Rs.1,14,000/-.
For Health Benefits:
Any person between 18years and 65 years of age, from Tier 1 and Tier 2 places in India, can take this insurance. This policy can be renewed during the whole life of the Insured Person.
For Life Benefits
Entry age between 18 years and 60 years. The Life Insurance Benefit is offered only for the primary life insured. Medical underwriting will be applicable for eligible persons above 50 years of age. The Plan term is 5 years (fixed) and maximum age at the end of the plan term is 65 years
Beyond 65 years renewal can be only for health cover under any health indemnity policy offered by Star Health
Are covered after 48 months of continuous Insurance without break with any Indian Insurance Company.
Day care treatment:
405 day care treatments are covered.
Tax Benefits for both Health and Life Sections:
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this Health section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Amount paid for this Life section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Free look period for both Health and Life Sections:
The policy can be cancelled within 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy. In case Policyholder has bought this plan through distance marketing mode, he/she may cancel the Plan within 30 days from the date of receipt of the policy. However, the company reserves the right to deduct medical examination fees, cancellation fee*, stamp duty charges for issue of the policy and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned.
* Cancellation fee is not applicable for Pure Term Life Insurance Coverage.
Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
- No third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization wherever possible.
- Network of more than 8400+ hospitals across India.
- 24x7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Information on health through free health magazine.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.