Star First Classic
- No claim bonus of 5% for every claim free year up to 25%.
- Health Check-up costs up to Rs.5,000/- for every block of 4 claim free years.
- Automatic restoration of entire Sum insured by 200%.
- Optional Covers : Hospital Cash and Patient Care cover.
- 101 day-care procedures covered.
- Sum assured is payable in case of the death of the policyholder during the policy term
- Protects the insured for in patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs.These expenses include room rent, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist,Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Diagnostics, Anaesthesia, Blood,Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, implants Cost of Medicines and Drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
- Pre-Hospitalization expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation paid up to the limit specified.
- 101 Day-care treatments covered.
- Covered up-to specified limits.
Pre-Existing Diseases / Illness:
- Covered after 48 months of continuous Insurance without break with any Indian non-lifeInsurance Company.
Add-on covers (subject to payment of additional premium)
- Patient Care Available for persons above 60 years. Pays for attendant charges after discharge from hospital for maximum 5 days per hospitalisation and 14 days per policy period.
- Hospital Cash Hospital cash benefit for each completed day of hospitalization.
Health Check-up benefits
- Cost of Health Check-up once after a block of every four claim-free years.
- This benefit is available for sum insured of Rs.2,00,000/- and above only.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured (applicable for Hospitalization):
In the event of a claim, during the currency of the policy, if the entire sum insured is exhausted and the policy has not yet expired then the automatic restoration of Sum Insured will operate and the sum insured will be restored to the original amount i.e. 200% only once. This restored sum insured can be utilized, during the remaining policy period, for any other illness / diseases unrelated to the ones for which claim/s has /have been made.
HIV Persons Coverage:
This policy can be taken by HIV positive persons provided the CD 4 count at the time of entry is above 350 (proof to be produced). However, hospitalization for any opportunistic infections is not covered.
- 5% for every claim free year up to 25% maximum
- Pure Term Life Insurance Cover- this section pays the nominee the stated sum assured in case of the death of the policyholder during the policy term of contract
For Health Benefits: Entry age between 18 years and 65 years. Dependent children can be covered from 5months to 25 yrs. There is no exit age for health cover.
For Life Benefits: Entry age between 18 years and 60 years. The Life Insurance Benefit is offered only for the primary life insured. Medical underwriting will be applicable for eligible persons above 50 years of age. The Plan term is 5 years (fixed) and maximum age at the end of the plan term is 65 years.
Beyond 65 years renewal can be only for health cover under any health indemnity policy offered by Star Health.
Co-Payment (Applicable for Health Section only):
10% of each and every claim for persons above 60 years at entry level and their subsequent renewals.
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening for both Health and Life Sections:
Persons above 50 years will be required to undergo pre-acceptance medical screening at the Company nominated centers. Cost of screening is currently borne by the company.
Tax Benefits for both Health and Life Sections:
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this Health section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Amount paid for this Life section insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Free look period for both Health and Life Sections:
The policy can be cancelled within 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy. In case Policyholder has bought this plan through distance marketing mode, he/she may cancel the Plan within 30 days from the date of receipt of the policy. However, the company reserves the right to deduct medical examination fees, cancellation fee*, stamp duty charges for issue of the policy and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned.
* Cancellation fee is not applicable for Pure Term Life Insurance Coverage.
Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
- No third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization wherever possible.
- Network of more than 8400+ hospitals across India.
- 24x7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Information on health through free health magazine.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.