Star Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
- First ever health insurance product for persons diagnosed with Cancer.
- First ever Pilot product in Health Insurance industry- A limited period offer
- Sum Insured Rs.3 lakhs & Rs.5 lakhs
- Entry Age: 5 months to 65 years
- Lump sum cover of 50% of Sum Insured - for recurrence, metastasis, and/or a second malignancy unrelated to first cancer.
- Regular indemnity health cover for accidents & illness other than Cancer.
- No pre acceptance medical tests
- Premium paid is eligible for rebate under Section80D of Income Tax Act, 1961
Why Star Cancer Care Gold?
- Whether you are just diagnosed with Cancer or have already completed your treatment &cured from Cancer, you still may be incurring medical expenses for ordinary illness such as fever which may make a hole in your pocket
- An indemnity cover may be a fitting protection to your purse against medical expenses
- In an unfortunate circumstance of a second cancer or metastasis or recurrence of cancer you might be requiring a reasonable amount to take required medical care.
- Star Cancer Care Gold ( Pilot Product) is the only solution to your financial worries
Table of Benefits
Table & Description
Section 1 (Lump-sum)- Recurrence, metastasis, second cancer not related to first cancer
Section 2 (Indemnity Cover) – Surgical and Interventional Therapy
Section 3 (Indemnity Cover) - Non Surgical and Non Interventional Therapy )
Copay under Section 2 & 3:
10% shall be applicable if the insured person is aged above 60 years during first inception of this policy . Co pay shall be applicable for respective renewals also.
What does the indemnity Sections Cover?
- a) Room (Single Standard A/c), Boarding, Nursing expenses as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home. Expenses relating to hospitalization will be considered in proportion to the eligible room rent stated in the policy or actual whichever is less.
- b) Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees.
- c) Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical appliances, Medicines and Drugs etc
- d) Emergency Ambulance up-to a sum of Rs. 1,500/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs. 2,000/- per policy period.
- e) Pre-Hospitalization medical expenses incurred for a period not exceeding 30 days prior to the date of hospitalization
- f) Post Hospitalization medical expenses incurred for a period of 60 days from the date of discharge from the hospital
- g) Expenses incurred for all day care procedures
Section 1( Lumpsum )
30 months from first inception of Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
Treatment must have commenced only after waiting period for an admissible claim under this section.
Section 2 and Section 3:(Indemnity)
30 days waiting period
24 months waiting period for specified disease/procedure
48 months waiting period for treatment of pre existing disease ( except Cancer)
Proposer may cover Self/ Spouse/Dependant Children/ Dependant Parents
Sum Insured Type: Individual
Sum Insured Options: Rs.3,00,000 / Rs.5,00,000
Select appropriate sum insured as no further change shall be allowed
Policy Tenure: One year
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available to the insured to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company shall allow refund of premium paid after adjusting stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.
Free look period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening :
There is no pre medical screening irrespective of age.
Lifelong renewal once this pilot product is regularized. Else lifelong renewal shall be offered under suitable alternate product.
If there is an admissible claim under Section 1 any subsequent renewal shall happen only for Section 2 and 3 charging appropriate premium.
Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
Grace Period for renewal:
30 days from date of expiry of policy.
For availing seamless coverage under Section 1 it is recommended to renew without break
- No third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization wherever possible.
- Network of more than 8400+ hospitals across India.
- 24x7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Information on health through free health magazine.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.