Star Special Care
This policy specially designed to provide medical insurance cover for children diagnosed with Autism disorder.
Sum Insured Type: Individual
Sum Insured Options: Rs.3,00,000/-
Policy Tenure: One year
Copay : This policy is subject to copayment of 20% for each and every claim.
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening: No pre-acceptance medical screening.
What does the policy cover?
- Room, boarding, nursing expenses (all inclusive) as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home up to Rs.5,000/- per day.
- However if the insured opts to occupy a Shared Accommodation, the insured person shall be paid an amount of Rs..500/- per day subject to a maximum of Rs.2000/- per hospitalization and Rs.10,000/- per policy period.
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees.
- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical appliances, Medicines and Drugs etc
Note:Expenses relating to hospitalization will be considered in proportion to the eligible room rent if room of higher rent is opted
- Emergency Ambulance up-to a sum of Rs. 750/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs. 1,500/- per policy period.
- Post Hospitalization:A sum equivalent to 7% of hospitalisation expenses or actual incurred up to 60 days after discharge from the hospital.
- The expenses incurred on treatment of certain procedure and/or treatments are payable up-to the limits mentioned hereunder:
Ailment / Treatment
Limit per policy period Rs.
Rs.25,000/- per policy period
Hospitalization for Treatment of Seizures
Rs.30,000/- per policy period
Hospitalization for Treatment of fractures requiring surgery
Up to 20% of the sum insured per policy period
Botox injection (Payable when administered during inpatient hospitalization only)
Rs.5000/- per sitting subject to a maximum of Rs.20,000/- per policy period.
Behavioral Therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
Up to Rs.1,500/- per policy period
30 days waiting period
24 months waiting period for specified disease/procedure
48 months waiting period for treatment of pre existing disease
Any child aged between 3 years and 25 years diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder can be covered.
Renewal: Renewal upto the age of 25 years. Beyond 25 years of age the insured person/s will be offered any other suitable Individual Indemnity based Health Insurance Product with continuity benefits for applicable waiting period
Grace Period for renewal: 30 days from date of expiry of policy.
Free-look Period. A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy by the insured is available to the insured to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company may allow refund of premium paid after adjusting the stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.
Free look Period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy
- No third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster & hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalization wherever possible.
- Network of more than 8400+ hospitals across India.
- 24x7 Toll Free Helpline.
- Information on health through free health magazine.
- Facility for maintaining personal health records in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477.