Diabetes Safe Insurance Policy
- Covers hospitalization expenses for complications of Diabetes, both type 1 and type 2 and other than complications of diabetes
- Policy can be taken on Individual and Floater basis.
- Two plans are available – Plan A and Plan B
- Plan A – Pre-acceptance medical examination is required for all persons opting for this plan and Plan B - There is no pre-acceptance medical screening
- No Waiting Period for Diabetes and its complications under Plan A. 12 months Waiting period under Plan B.
- Out Patient expenses – for Medical consultations, Diagnostic tests, medicine and drugs
- Compensation for Accidental Death of the chosen insured person
- Donor expenses for kidney transplant surgery
- Dialysis expenses @ Rs.1000/- per sitting up to 24 months
- Cost of artificial limbs due to amputation up to specified limits.
- Automatic restoration of entire Sum insured
- All day care procedures covered
Covers Hospitalization expenses due to complications of diabetes. Room, Nursing and Boarding Charges, Surgeons fees, Anaesthetist, Drugs and medicines
Section 2 :
Covers Hospitalization expenses for other than complications of diabetes.
Out-Patient Expenses : Medical Consultation, Expenses for Diagnostic tests up to specified limits
Personal Accident : Compensation for Accidental Death of the chosen insured person @ 100% of the health sum insured opted
Any person between 18years and 65 years of age who is already living with Diabetes Mellitus can take this insurance.
Insured Person is eligible for rebate under Section 80-D of the Income Tax Act 1961 in respect of the amount paid by any mode other than cash.
Free Look Period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy by the insured is available to the insured to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company may allow refund of premium paid after adjusting the cost of pre-medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.Free look Period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy
Guaranteed Lifetime Renewals beyond 65 years are offered under this policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
Grace Period for renewal: 30 days from date of expiry of policy.
- No Third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- Network of more than 9300+ hospitals across India.
NOTE:The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. Detailed policy terms and conditions can be accessed in our website www.starhealth.in