AYUSH is a group of non-allopathic form of treatment that has natural medicines and therapies to cure specific ailments or diseases and preserves health with natural methods. AYUSH denotes a short form of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy. All five elements are based on the concept of naturally treating ailments. AYUSH Treatments aim at providing holistic wellness to health and living.
The Government of India has continuously taken abundant measures to develop AYUSH treatments. The government formed a ministry for AYUSH in the year 2014. Since the formation of the ministry, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has asked the Insurance Companies to include AYUSH treatments under their Health Insurance policies as a part of the coverage.
- 1 Importance of AYUSH Treatment
- 2 Benefits of AYUSH Treatments
- 3 Why should I choose Health Insurance with AYUSH treatments Coverage?
- 4 Star Health Insurance plans with AYUSH Treatment cover
- 5 What is covered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
- 6 What are the Exclusions under the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
- 7 Conclusion
Importance of AYUSH Treatment
Alternate medicines have become popular among people in recent days. People are widely switching to alternative methods like Ayurveda and Homoeopathy mainly due to the natural benefits attained under these treatments. Some of the major advantages of taking AYUSH treatments can be listed as follows:
- Ancient methods and traditional medicine still play a major role in the belief system of the people of India. A wide section of people believes in continuing some form of traditional medicine for their everyday medical requirements.
- AYUSH treatment is relatively economical compared to Allopathy, and it is also easily accessible for people in rural, urban and all locations across the country. Moreover, in certain rural areas, alternative treatments are the only available option of treatments for the public.
- When it comes to Allopathy, there is a prevailing concern among the people regarding the harms and side effects associated with it. These speculations are non-existent in traditional medicines as they are natural forms of treatments.
- Besides curative treatments that are suitable for each person, AYUSH offers many preventive treatments for patients. The major reason for people to choose AYUSH treatments over Allopathy is that, they are simple treatments. They may take time, but they are proven to be effective.
- AYUSH is simple, but it is also a preferred method for the treatment of various illnesses like Diabetes, Kidney diseases, Cardiac ailments, etc.
Benefits of AYUSH Treatments
AYUSH treatments over the years have proven to be a more holistic approach to health care. It naturally addresses medical needs and renders health care, which focuses on an individual’s well-being. This treatment is considered one of the best alternative treatment methods for the elderly.
Many of the common ailments in India, such as Diabetes, Hypertension, etc., can be treated with AYUSH treatments. AYUSH treatment is becoming a preferred option because it has lesser side effects and more pocket friendly than modern medicine.
Why should I choose Health Insurance with AYUSH treatments Coverage?
AYUSH treatments are affordable to some extent, and many people actively take the treatment because it is effective. AYUSH has become a part of the central government since 2014, and since then, it has been easy for Insurance companies to give coverage for alternate medicine. In recent years, there has been a significant change in conventional medicines and a relative increase in treatments like Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha.
Almost all Health Insurance companies have started covering Ayurvedic treatment as a part of their Health Insurance policy. The AYUSH Health Insurance plans cover expenses for alternate treatments, which have been carried out in a government hospital or in any health care institution that has been recognised by the Government of India. The health care institutions should be approved by the Quality Council of India (QCI) and the National Accreditation Board of Health (NABH).
Star Health Insurance plans with AYUSH Treatment cover
Star Health Insurance offers Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd for those who prefer alternate treatments and therapies.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd is an indemnity-based Health Insurance plan offering coverage on an individual and floater basis for in-patient hospitalisation expenses, daycare procedures, AYUSH treatments and much more.
The policy’s family floater plan will cover Self, spouse and dependant children between 3 months and 25 years of age. In addition, you can buy this plan for parents and parents-in-law as well.
What is covered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
Coverage under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy includes:
- In-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses
- AYUSH treatments
- Day Care treatments
- Ambulance expenses
- ICU/ ICCU expenses
- Modern treatments
- Cataract treatment
- Tele Medicine Service – Talk to Star
What are the Exclusions under the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
The below-mentioned policy Exclusions are partial and not a complete list. It is always essential to read through all the exclusions in the policy clauses.
Expenses related to the treatment of pre-existing diseases (PED) and their direct complications before the completion of the Waiting Period will not be covered, as mentioned in the policy clauses.
- Specific treatments, surgeries, and certain diseases prescribed under the policy clauses will not be covered before the expiry of the waiting period of either 24 months or 48 months, as applicable.
- The policy will not cover any illness within the first 30 days of policy inception, except for expenses of Accidental injuries, which will be covered from day 1 of commencement of the policy.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation
- OPD treatments, etc.
Health Insurance definitely covers hospitalisation expenses incurred during the treatment procedure and but, still, health insurers have also acknowledged the necessity of traditional and alternative medicines like Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, etc., and included them in Health Insurance coverage.
DISCLAIMER: THIS BLOG/WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Information including but not limited to text, graphics, images and other material contained on this blog are intended for education and awareness only. No material on this blog is intended to be a substitute for professional medical help including diagnosis or treatment. It is always advisable to consult medical professional before relying on the content. Neither the Author nor Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd accepts any responsibility for any potential risk to any visitor/reader.