Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- This policy is for persons who have undergone for the first time the named surgery / intervention / correction for the existing Cardiac diseases
- This policy has two Plan options – Gold Plan and Silver Plan
- Under both the Plans hospitalization expenses for non cardiac diseases and accidents are covered under Section 1
- Under Section 2: Gold Plan covers both medical management and surgical/interventional management for cardiac related diseases while Silver Plan covers only Surgical / Interventional management.
- Out Patient Benefit is available under both plans
- Personal Accident Death Cover is available under both plans
Policy Benefits: (Applicable for Both Silver Plan and Gold Plan)
Section 1: Hospitalization cover
- Protects the insured for in patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs. These expenses include room, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Oxygen, Blood,Operation Theatre, Diagnostics, imaging modalities , Cost of Medicines and Drugs.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
- Pre-Hospitalization expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses incurred up to 7% of the hospitalization expenses subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000/- per hospitalization
- All Day-care treatments covered
- Pre-Existing Diseases / Illness are covered after 48 months of continuous coverage
Section 2: Cardiac Section
After a waiting period of 90 days, this policy covers treatments relating to Cardiac diseases. This waiting period will not apply for renewals.
Section 3: Out-Patient Expenses
Expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred at any Networked Facility in India herein defined as an Out-patient Treatment, provided policy is in force
The limit of benefit under this Section is Rs.500/- per event subject to a maximum of Rs.1500/- per policy period. This benefit forms part of the Sum Insured.
Section 4: Personal Accident
If at any time during the Period of Insurance, the Insured Person shall sustain any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an Accident caused by external, violent and visible means and if such accident causes death of the Insured Person within 12 Calendar months from the date of Accident, then the Company will pay the Sum Insured mentioned in the schedule as compensation
- Geographical Scope: The insurance cover under Section 4 applies Worldwide
- The sum insured for Personal Accident is equal to Sum Insured opted for this policy
Cataract Sublimits (Applicable for Section 1 only): Expenses for treatment of Cataract are payable up to Rs.20,000/- per hospitalization and Rs.30,000/- for the entire policy period.
Waiting period: (Applicable for both Plans)
- 30 days (Not applicable for Accidents)
- 24 months for specified illness/ diseases.
- 48 months for treatment of Pre existing diseases
Section 2: 90 days
Co-Payment: 10% of each and every claim amount for insured persons beyond 60 years of age at entry level and renewals thereafter.(Applicable for Section 1 only)
Pre-Acceptance Medical Screening: No pre-acceptance medical screening. However the proposer has to submit all the past medical records of the person proposed for insurance.
Exclusions: Please refer to policy terms and conditions for complete information about exclusions
Any person between 10 years and 65 years of age, who has
- undergone PTCA (Stenting) or CABG (By-pass) procedure (within 7 years period prior to proposal) or
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) or Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) that has been corrected or
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) that has been treated or
- Undergone RF Ablation to correct the underlying cardiac condition or
- Had an Angiogram done but no intervention was medically found necessary
Policy Tenure: One year
Sum Insured options : Rs.3,00,000/- and Rs.4,00,000/-
Sum Insured Type: Individual
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period:
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy by the insured is available to the insured to review the terms and conditions of the policy. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, the insured may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company may allow refund of premium paid after adjusting the cost of pre-medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation.
Free look Period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy
Renewal: Lifelong renewal
Grace Period for renewal: 30 days from date of expiry of policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
Revision of Sum Insured: Option to Reduce or enhance sum insured is permissible at the time of renewal subject to approval of the Company.
- No Third Party Administrator, direct in-house claim settlement.
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Cashless hospitalisation.
- Network of more than 9300+ hospitals across India.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health Office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255/1800 102 4477.