Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- This policy is for persons who have undergone for the first time the named surgery / intervention / correction for the existing Cardiac diseases.
- This policy has two Plan options – Gold Plan and Silver Plan
- Silver Plan pays for expenses incurred as an inpatient for treatment in respect of all cardiac related complications that necessitate surgery/intervention
- Gold Plan pays for expenses incurred as an inpatient for treatment in respect of all cardiac related complications that necessitate medical management, surgery/intervention.
- Under both the Plans regular hospitalization is covered under Section 1 and all Cardiac related ailments are covered under Section 2.
- Out Patient Benefit is available
- Personal Accident: Accidental Death Cover
- No Pre acceptance medical screening.
- 405 day-care procedures covered.
Policy Benefits: (Applicable for Both Silver Plan and Gold Plan)
Section 1: Hospitalization cover
- Protects the insured for in patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hrs. These expenses include room, nursing and boarding charges, Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Diagnostics, imaging modalities and Cost of Medicines and Drugs, Oxygen, Blood, Operation theatre, Diagnostic and Imaging modalities.
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital as per specified limits.
- Pre-Hospitalization expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses incurred up to specified limits.
- 405 Day-care treatments covered
- Pre-Existing Diseases / Illness are covered after 48 months of continuous coverage without break with any Indian Non-Life Insurer, under Section 1
Section 2: Cardiac Section
After a waiting period of 90 days, this policy covers all treatments relating to Cardiac diseases. This waiting period will not apply for renewals.
Section 3: Out-Patient Expenses
The Company will pay the amount of such expenses as are reasonably and necessarily incurred at the network hospitals/diagnostic centres as an Out Patient, provided the policy is in force
The limit of benefit under this Section is Rs.500/- per event subject to a maximum of Rs.1500/- per policy period, provided policy is in force. This benefit forms part of the Sum Insured.
Section 4: Personal Accident
If at any time during the Period of Insurance, the Insured Person shall sustain any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an Accident caused by external, violent and visible means and if such accident causes death of the Insured Person within 12 Calendar months from the date of Accident, then the Company will pay the Sum Insured mentioned in the schedule as compensation
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance can be taken by any person between 10 years and 65 years of age, who has undergone for the first time
- PTCA (Stenting) or CABG (By-pass) procedure, within 7 years prior to the date of policy purchase or
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) or Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) that has been corrected or
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) that has been treated or
- RF Ablation done to correct the underlying cardiac condition or
- Had an Angiogram done but no intervention was medically found necessary
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period
A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case insured is not satisfied he can seek cancellation of the policy and in such event the Company will allow refund of premium after adjusting the cost of pre- acceptance of medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation. Free look cancellation is not applicable at the time of renewal.
Guaranteed Lifetime Renewals
Life-long renewals beyond 65 years are offered under this policy.
NOTE: Renewal premium, terms and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
- No Third Party Administrator – direct in-house claims settlement
- Faster and hassle-free claim settlement
- Network of more than 8400+ hospitals across India
- Facility for maintaining personal health record in electronic format.
NOTE: The benefits mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy. For details please contact your nearest Star Health Office or call toll free no 1800 425 2255/1800 102 4477.