Why is travel insurance for London required?
To ensure that your journey is safe, secure and hassle-free, it is important to have adequate planning. Despite the plans, you might face certain unanticipated circumstances which could ruin your plans.
Therefore, you could consider buying travel insurance for your London trip. If you happen to face unanticipated events, Let’s say flight delay, missed departure, trip Cancellation or Interruption, or loss of passport during your stay in London, having valid travel insurance might prove to be beneficial.
What is included and not included in the travel insurance plan?
- Emergency medical expenses: Your insurer will cover the costs in the event of unexpected Hospitalisation expenses, fees etc.
- Passport Loss: It is problematic to lose a passport because it is one of the most crucial documents when traveling overseas. In such cases, your insurance will reimburse you for the expenses incurred in obtaining a new or duplicate passport.
- Luggage Damage/Loss: In accordance with the conditions of your policy, if your luggage is lost or damaged by your airline, you will be compensated as mentioned in your policy documents.
- Delay of Checked-In Baggage : If the checked-in baggage of the insured person is getting delayed for more than 12 hours during the trip, then the company will pay the compensation for the delay up to the limits mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Flight delay or flight cancellation : Depending on your policy term you will be compensated for the inconvenience faced due to the flight delay or flight cancellation.
Kindly refer to your travel insurance documents to know more about the details and Terms & Conditions.
What is the best time to visit London?
The late spring and summer are the ideal times to visit London. The London Coffee Festival takes place in april, and the museums at night festival is held in the middle of May. Apart from New Year seasons , airfares to London are slightly lower throughout the winter months. Due to its pleasant weather, july and august see the highest number of visitors.
Popular destinations and tourist attractions in London
Try checking out these architectural relics and true modern marvels in London.
- Buckingham Palace
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
- Westminster Abbey
- The London Eye
- Tower of London
- IFS Cloud Cable Car
- Sea Life
- Shrek’s Adventure
Visa and entry information
It is suggested that you follow and confirm with the UK government site to know the exact recent guidelines and requirements for entry into London.
The following are a few of the visas that Indian nationals can obtain:
- Standard Visitor Visa
Indian nationals visiting the UK may apply for a Standard Visitor Visa, which allows for a stay of up to 6 months.
- Long-term Standard Visitor Visa
The duration of each visit under standard visitor visa cannot exceed 6 months, whereas, Long-term standard visitor visa allows the trip duration of two, five or ten years.
To know more about the visa requirements, you may contact the British embassy in India or approved travel agency.
Travel restrictions to London from India
You are advised to check the latest travel advisory from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for their recent guidelines and requirements.
The decision to purchase travel insurance might come in handy during your trip.To know more information regarding the travel Insurance Plans, please visit the official website of Star Health Insurance.
Is travel insurance required for London travel?
Yes , it is advisable to buy a travel insurance because it protects you against a variety of flight-related accomodation, and medical emergencies.
How to get a Travel Insurance plan?
You can compare various plans and buy an international travel insurance plan according to your requirements either online or offline.
DISCLAIMER: THIS BLOG/WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Information including but not limited to text, graphics, images and other material contained on this blog are intended for education and awareness only. No material on this blog is intended to be a substitute for professional medical help including diagnosis or treatment. It is always advisable to consult medical professional before relying on the content. Neither the Author nor Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd accepts any responsibility for any potential risk to any visitor/reader.